conversation is an engine

A lot can happen in a conversation

One Year of Silence

with 9 comments

I’m thinking about this.

Written by kirkistan

September 9, 2015 at 10:25 am

Posted in curiosities

Tagged with ,

9 Responses

1. I am intrigued….

Laura (Createarteveryday)

September 9, 2015 at 3:21 pm

• I’m just wondering if all my social media blogging is getting me where I mean to go. I know you’ve had the same question.

September 9, 2015 at 3:31 pm

• Oh, I didn’t make that connection. I wonder about that too. I’m sure we all do. I did go off Facebook when I went gluten free. It was liberating. But here I am, two years later…..this is more time consuming than that was!

Laura (Createarteveryday)

September 9, 2015 at 3:46 pm

2. …for politicians?
    It’s an interesting idea. Doing the blog is often what motivates me to do some art work. And when I started it with Nina, I thought of it just as a dialogue for us…I didn’t realize how it would expand. So a break every now and then is definitely a good thing. It should not become an obligation. (K.)

September 10, 2015 at 6:38 am

• Good point.

September 10, 2015 at 6:52 am

• I have a question…is this a movement, or are you starting one yourself? And what does it encompass…all social media? I know people actually do practice “silence” as in not speaking for chunks of time as a meditation, although a year of that in a normal life seems pretty undoable to me…

September 11, 2015 at 4:30 am

• I’m just thinking about going quiet on my blog and for certain in Dumb Sketch Daily. I’ll keep writing, but not for immediate use. After writing nearly daily for several years, I think it might be time to pull back to regroup around a larger project. Thanks for the comment.

September 11, 2015 at 6:04 am

• Yes, sometimes necessary. I find so much productive time lost, not to mention time for just thinking, because of all the devices and their offspring that need attending. Perhaps they don’t need it so much or so often though. (and I have never facebooked, twittered, or instagrammed…how do people do it?)
        I would miss your humor though!

September 11, 2015 at 6:20 am

• Thanks. I appreciate that.

September 11, 2015 at 7:12 am

But wait--what do you think? Tell me:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s