11 Things to Remember when Walking Your Daughter Down this Long Aisle to Marry the Tall Gentleman at the Other End
Tomorrow Tess and Nick Get Married.
Kris and I could not be happier. Still, it is a bit of a queasy threshold, not something I’ve crossed before. So—a few reminders to help me get through the ceremonies, rituals and (self-inflicted) awkward moments:
- Check your fly. It’s up. Right?
- The world changed dramatically the week Tess was born. Maybe it was because the Berlin Wall came down. Maybe because Tess showed up. I think the latter. But let’s just stay in the moment, shall we?
- Step forward.
- And again.
- Forget the four pages of detailed notes about life. These two are jotting their own notes now.
- Did I check my fly?
- Don’t stop mid-stride—Tevye-like—to sing out all the options. Others have a hard time holding their pose while I do that.
- Remember that something much larger is at work here, right before my eyes.
- Wait—what’s that breeze?
Congratulations Tess and Nick!
Image Credit: Tradition Fiddler On The Roof